Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Short Walk

I don't miss my commute. Not one bit.

On Monday I walked to my new job, about eight blocks and 10 minutes from my house (20 if I stop for coffee at the Cosmic Cup). It's been hellishly humid, which makes things uncomfortable, but not as uncomfortable as sitting on I-78 for an hour.

And heck, if I feel like it (like say, today) I can hang out at the coffee shop for a half hour or so, writing for Nuketown, checking up on the weather, listening to jazz, whatever.

As for the job itself, well, it's meeting and often exceeding my expectations -- cool people, cool technology, cool campus, cool college. Noticing a trend here?

Truth be told I haven't been able to really sink my teeth into the Web stuff yet, as I'm still running the meeting and paperwork gauntlets, but I've got a good idea where the challenges lie, and what I'll be tackling first.

No comments: