Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Atomic Upgrades

I made some minor repairs and upgrades to The Atomic Age last night -- I cleaned up the blog roll, killing out a few of the bad links, adding in some fresh ones, and I finally got my Technorati profile working on both this blog and Nuketown, which allowed me to add a link to my profile.

I also added a link to Blogshares, the blog information market that I play around with from time to time (I'd claimed Nuketown, but never got around to the Age. I've added a link roll for my Del.icio.us account and a Flickr badge, so this little blog's about as Web 2.0 as you can get -- the only thing left is for me to post to it from Flock (well, and maybe add hooks into a MySpace account, but I just haven't gotten into MySpace).

So why all the work on this backwater blog? Well, for one thing I just wanted to improve my grasp of the various Web 2.0 technologies and see how easy it was to integrate it into Blogger -- people ask me about this stuff from time to time, and I like to give informed answers. The other part of it is that The Atomic Age, while still standing in Nuketown's radioactive shadow, is eeking out a small but growing amount of traffic. It's averaging about 30 visits a day, with occasional spikes to 100 or even 500 visits, and if people are going to be stopping by, I might as well hunt down the dust bunnies from time to time.

No comments: