Sunday, July 03, 2005

World of WarCrack

I finally broke down and bought World of Warcraft, partly because moving Nuketown over to a new host saved me about $30 a month, partly because a campaign member is moving to Portland, and the game provides a way to keep in touch, partly because about half of my D&D campaign is playing it and and mostly because well, it's really freaking cool.

I'm going to be playing on the Thunderhorn server, and -- in a nod to my fallen D&D campaign, I'll be playing a wizard named Zilanderan on the Thunderhorn server. In the Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil, Zil was a half-crazy mage-blade convinced he was from another plane of existance. In this one, he'll be a fiery, but more grounded, battle mage.

As far as how the install went ... the key word is "long". There are four install CDs, and after going through the account creation process and logging in, I was amazed to find a 174 mb patch waiting to be downloaded. Not cool, but hey, it's 3 a.m. and everyone's asleep, so if I've got to download a big ass file, now's probably a good time to do it.

No comments: