Monday, February 07, 2005

Documenting Your D&D Session

The folks over at RPGMP3.com have been podcasting their way through the World's Largest Dungeon, recording every glorious moment to audio for the enjoyment of their faithful fans. Alas, I do not have time to listen to the 2+ hours of audio, but fortunately they've started posting adventure summaries to their web site.

I really like the format of these summaries; they hit the highlights of the adventure, and let you know what happened, without having to extensively document every spell cast, every critical dealt, and every copper hoarded.

It's something I think more gamers (myself included) should think about doing. It satisfies the need to have some record of what happened during a given session (all the more important if you're only playing monthly, but still useful for weekly games like mine) without forcing the DM to get bogged down in paperwork. Plus, it looks much nicer -- and reads better -- than the adventure notes I've been posting about my games.

No comments: