Thursday, April 14, 2005

The Portal Awaits

The Lehigh Valley has a new comic/hobby store: The Portal Comics & Gaming. It's located on 2005 Willow Park Road, Bethlehem, PA. In addition to comics, it looks like they also offer plenty of miniatures based-gaming, including Warhammer and Warhammer 40k, Classic Battletech, MechWarrior, Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game and a bunch of card games. Their flyer -- which I picked up at MepaCon -- also mentions (but doesn't stress) role-playing games like D&D, Shadowrun, Vampire and Werewolf.

I haven't been the store yet, but I think I'll have to make an effort to stop by this summer; the guys working the MepaCon booth seemed nice enough. I'm not about to give up my comic book story -- Dewey's Comic City, which is right down the street from the university where I work -- but I'm always looking for good gaming stores in the Valley.

3 comments:

Zarggg said...

Went there myself after visited their booth at the GGG expo at Stabler. Their stuff is expensive, but it's the closest non-B&N/Waldenbooks that carries D&D books.

I know they have a table there for tournaments and events, but I'm wondering if it's available for public use, as well.

Zarggg said...

Forgot to mention... your link to The Portal's website is broken. You forgot the http://.

Ken Newquist said...

Thanks for the comments -- I fixed the broken link. It's sad, but I think the store in the Valley that has the best gaming selection is the Borders on MacArther Road.

Most of the comic book stores' sections seem anemic at best, but admittedly I haven't visted all of them.