Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Radio Active Glows

Nuketown Radio Active, the podcast/radio show for the ol'thermonuclear burg, is doing pretty well. I'm up to Show #5, which I think sounded pretty darn good (aside from the occasional knocks on the microphone) but which ran 40 minutes. That's about 10 minutes longer than I'd like -- I think 30 is the sweet spot for this show -- but I actually had e-mail this week, and a few computer-related things I felt like ranting about.

The podcast's audience is growing. I can't track direct downloads, since I'm story the files on my .mac account (to help with any bandwish issues) but the number of visits to the index.xml file for the podocast is rising. Last week it stood at 1,100 visits; two weeks earlier it was 377. Of course, a lot of those are probably aggregator and spider hits, but still, it does show some rather impressive growth.

I've got some really cool stuff -- including an actual music review and possible giveways -- in the works, but they probably won't hit until Show #7, as there are still a few little details I need to work out. I'm slowly putting together an outline for Show #6; the only thing set in stone is some thoughts on the fantasy novel Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson, a book I have been slowly ready for, oh, about a year now. I'm always looking for ideas for the show, so if you've got something you'd like to see me talk about or review, post a comment here or e-mail me at nuketown@gmail.com.

No comments: