Thursday, May 05, 2005

Awake and Lost

So it's 2:31 a.m. and I'm awake. This is despite the fact that I'm really, really tired, having not gotten enough sleep the last two nights because of my cold.

So why am I awake? I blame Lost. And my cold-addled brain.

For some reason, my brain got caught in a Lost feedback loop while I was asleep, and I woke to find myself mentally stumbling over various theories to explain the island and what's happening to its inhabitents. And arguing with myself over why different theories wouldn't work.

No, I don't remember any of those theories now. The only thing for me to do was to get up, do a little work on Nuketown and hope my brain would get distracted by some other, less interesting idea. This is all par for the course when it comes to my colds -- I've always have a series of very weird dreams when I'm sick, particularly after I haven't slept for a few days. The end result is a sort of endless night where my subconcious churns through dozens of ideas, and refuses to let any of them go. I end up in this state of quasi-sleep, half-dreaming, half knowing that I really don't need to worry about failing my driver's test any more.

No comments: