Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Drains Are Evil

So I'm giving Jordan a bath last night, and when we were done, I let the water out. All of a sudden she starts screaming in terror and tries climbing out of the tub, soaking me and most of the bathroom in the process.

"Oh yeah," Sue says later "I meant to tell you she's scared of the drain now."

We have no idea where toddler terror came from. For the year, ever since giving up her "baby bathtub seat", Jordan's happily played in the tub while the water ran out. It was like the countdown to the end; once there was no more water left, she had to get out of the tub. Suddenly though, the drain is evil. I can only assume that she's come to the conclusion that if the water goes down the drain, then maybe she can too.

Either that or she's been reading It while I wasn't looking.

No comments: