Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Juiced

After lingering on death's door for the last year or so, I finally decided to ditch my G3 iBook's faltering battery (which was nearly 4 years old) and replace it with a new one. The electrical goodness is now flowing to the iBook's circuits, and it has gleefully informed me that it has 5:35 hours worth of battery time left. Given that it used to hold a 20 minute charge -- if I was lucky -- this is quite a change.

On a somewhat related Apple note, I got my letter yesterday detailing the terms of Apple's iPod battery settlement which -- if I read it right -- entitles me to a $25 cash rebate or $50 store credit. My second-generation iPod has held its charge fairly well -- after two years I end up needing to charge it about every other day, but I usually hook it up every night to drink deeply of the ionic elixer and to download my daily podcast fix. I'll probably take the $50 store credit, and perhaps put it towards an iPod shuffle...

No comments: