Wednesday, June 07, 2006

NT Redesign: MySQL Headache

I tried to setup Nuketown's new Drupal installation over lunch, but alas, the MySQL configuration of the new host stymied me -- I could create the database through a Web interface, but it wouldn't let me work with it (adding tables, data, etc.) until the nuketown.com domain was moved. Since I don't want to move the domain until the new site is converted, I'm in something of a Catch-22 situation.

So instead of getting Drupal installed over lunch, I left home with an e-mail off to the folks at the hosting service. I'm hoping they'll come up with a solution that lets me access the DB without jumping through the domain moving hoops.

Update

Customer Support gave me the answer via their wiki last night: set up a free subdomain through their service, then assign the DB to that, and set up the subdomain web site so it mirrrors the eventual Nuketown web site. It took a while for everything to propagate properly, but I'm now able to access both the test site and the database.

No comments: