Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Priorities

The Senate is about to reject the same-sex marriage ban, which I'm very glad to hear. It's an idiotic, un-American, anti-individual proposal that should crawl back under the same rock where it was lurking with the flag burning amendment. To understand just how stupid this is, consider this quote uttered by Sen. David Vitter of Louisiana: "I don't believe there's any issue that's more important than this one."

I can think of a few thousand that are more important than this, starting with preventing terrorists from destroying American skyscrapers, and doing it in such a way that does not gangbang the Constitution. Then again I'm one of those wild and crazy guys who a) likes living and b) likes living in a free country.

1 comment:

Uncle KT said...

I agree! I don't like distractions that take time away from real issues!