Monday, March 14, 2005

iPodder.org Gets Sci-Fi Category

The number of science fiction podcasts continues to grow, so much so that iPodder.org has added a new "Science Fiction" category.

I'll be checking out three of them this week: Wizard News Podcast, Sci-Fi Talk and Requiem of the Outcast.

iPodder.org itself just got a facelift; I'm not sure if I like the new version any better than the old. The directory has only the most basic browsing functionality, meaning you have to drill down through each section to look at the podcasts. There's no search function, which is a real liability IMHO.

Once you do drill down, the only thing you see is the name of the show--there's no description--and the hyperlink is a small globe icon next to the show's name. Why can the show's name itself be linked, with the initial front page summary listed beneath it? Those two changes, combined with search, would make the whole site a heck of a lot easier to use.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey ken, let me know when you review Requiem of the Outcast. We'll be puttin out some shows again soon, and would love to hear your thoughts.

Ken Newquist said...

I listened to one of the shows a few weeks back, and liked it -- you folks have a repoire going and I enjoyed the back-and-forth conversation. :)

I'll be on the look out for the new shows, and I'll try and include them in one of my Nuketown round-ups.