Monday, March 07, 2005

Radio Active Update

My digital audio experiments continue. Over the weekend I picked up a new microphone, the Logitech Stereo USB Headset 200, and after an initial tests, it looks like this was exactly what I wanted.

Sound levels of a file recorded to my iBook using the new headset and Audicity were loud, clear and devoid of any of the annoying background sounds (like the computer fan) that ruined last week's attempts. The only caveat I can offer about purchasing this headset is that it's difficult to find--many places are out of stock (including Amazon) and that makes me think that Logitech is getting ready to rev the line. Fortunately, I was able to pick one up at Staples.

My next quest, once I get this mic thing figured out, is to determine the best way of mixing in audio clips. Based on my research, it looks like Rogue Amoeba's Audio Hijack Pro is the way to go.

No comments: