Monday, January 24, 2005

Finally...

... the Eagles are going to the Super Bowl! While yesterday's game wasn't the cleanest I've ever seen, one certainly got the feeling from watching the Eagles play that they were entirely focused on winning the game, and that they were going to get over the championship hump. I haven't watched the Patriots much this season, and I don't think yesterday's game versus Pittsburgh was an adequate demonstration of their prowess, so it's hard to say what Philly's chances are. I am, however, cautiously optimistic.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Crap...

Well, now who do I root for?

I grew up in New England, but after living in Philadelphia I consider it my home town.

Guess I have to root for the underdogs.

Ken Newquist said...

Well, the Giants are out of it, so I don't have to worry about being torn by any childhood loyalties. While I can certianly appreciate the Patriots finely oiled machine, I think I've got to root for those scrappy Eagles. Who knows -- maybe they'll be able to dig down and pull out a win.