Thursday, January 06, 2005

Invasion of the Stomach Bugs

I should have known that when I couldn't fall asleep, something else was going on. That "something else" is a stomach bug that hit me yesterday, and sent my guts reeling to the bathroom. Combined with some aggravating post-nasal drip (no doubt from not drinking enough fluids), and you've got on unhappy Nukester.

I spent last night sleeping on the couch (when either Sue or I are sick, we always retreat to the couch for the night, to avoid infecting the other). Well, not sleeping really. Sleep once again evaded me, but instead of staring at the ceiling for a few hours trying to ignore my eternal enemy "The Drip", I stared at the television instead, watching Lost, the season premiere of Alias, Old School (which I'd rented from Netflix) and (when I was truly desperate) an interview with Mark Walhberg on A&E.

I finally nodded off around 3 a.m. As you can imagine, my ass is now dragging. Fortunately, most of the work I have to do today is no-brainer conversion stuff, so I can get it done, get home, and get back to sleep.

No comments: