Wednesday, January 05, 2005

I've posted a review of Wil Wheaton's autobiography, Just a Geek, to Nuketown. Short version: it's a good book, read it.

As an aside (and "asides" are part of what The Atomic Age is all about), actually finding this book in Barnes and Noble was frustrating. I initially searched for it in the biography/autobiography section, which was only logical (at least to my mind). No dice. I checked the next logical place: science fiction. Still no dice.

So I went to the customer service desk, and the woman there looked it up on the computer. It then took about another 5 minutes of searching to finally find its physical location, nestled within the science fiction books (but out of order, and not with the Trek books, which explains how I missed it the first time through). I bought the last copy.

This little misadventure shouldn't reflect too badly on Wheaton though; it took even longer (and two workers to boot) to find the store's sole copy of The Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5, which was the only D&D book in the store, and was one of only a handful of gaming books. Clearly, this B&N (located at Route 33 and Freemansburg Ave. near Easton, Pa.) is not a friend of geeks.

No comments: