Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Geezer Hangovers

GeezerGamers.com is an excellent site that's done wonders for my online gaming experience. I've gone from dreading Halo 2 deathmatches to dreaming about them at work. I think it's also been single-handedly responsible for salvaging MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf for me by turning the multiplayer mode from a death trap to strategyfest.

There is, however, a drawback to all this great gaming -- I don't want to stop.

I tell myself I jump on for 30 or 40 minutes before heading off to bed, and the next thing I know it's midnight and I'm trying to rationalize staying up until 1 a.m. This in turn has given rise to the "Geezer Hangover", in which thirtysomethings around the country (and the world) find themselves turning to ever-greater doses of coffee to stay awake through their commute. I'm not complaining though: it's a happy problem to have.

No comments: